No Access

This topic is 8331 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Just converted 32 databases from v4 to v5 and am hosting them with v5 server. All are functioning fine except one. The problem db comes up asking for a password and if one is not provided you can't get in. The same db opened with Pro locally will let you in without a password.

I will research password configurations in general, but hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

I would take a look at access privileges and make sure all is ok. Make sure there is a "no password" access level. Then I would look at document preferences and make sure the "try default password" box is checked with no password entered.

-bd

There is a no password access level. The "try default password" box was not checked, but when checked you simply are not provided with the password prompt and end up getting the same scenario - no access.

I would like to receive a password prompt without holding down the Option key when selecting the hosted database and be able to press Return for limited access. Again, the curious thing is this database behaves properly when used with the Pro client directly.

Ken, this is long shot -- try recover your database, save a clone, export records to tab, import them back.

Also, early versions of 5 had problem with long password conversion!

BTW - beautiful place you are living or working!

This topic is 8331 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.