Why does FM not ship with the latest ODBC driver from DataDirect?

This topic is 5378 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

DataDirect have a new sequelink driver 6.0, (released in April 2008) which includes the "LCCS" connection string attribute needed to send data into FM text fields. This attribute is specific to Filemaker. But the version that ships with Filemaker is version 5.5, which is 4 years old, and does not have the LCCS attribute. Why does Filemaker not ship with the latest Sequelink Driver, or even better, why does filemaker not have its own ODBC Driver?? Should I really have to BUY the latest ODBC driver from DataDirect, instead of it being shipped with Filemaker??

This is related to my post here : http://www.fmforums.com/forum/showtopic.php?tid/210372

I find there current odbc driver (v5.5) very unstable with word which is a shame as would prefer to use it to mail merge alot more often than create makeshift layouts in fm clogging up the db.

I too would like FM to update their odbc driver to v6, as I think it can be configured to run serverside and is a lot more robust than the current one. Spoke to FM tech about this a while ago as we encountered lots group policy conflicts with vista.....wouldn't hurt to email them a request to update for the next version.

Edited by Guest

This topic is 5378 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.