Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Can FM Pro 5 Server and the FM Pro Unlimmited web componant be on physical machine?

This topic is 8567 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I would like to install FM Pro 5 and FM pro unlimmited on 1 box. However, I want to only use the FM pro Unlimited for the web companant. Is this possible? If it isn't why wouldn't it, since only thing is being used is the FM Pro unlimited web componant.

• 3 weeks later...

quote:

Originally posted by cmbhatt:

I would like to install FM Pro 5 and FM pro unlimmited on 1 box. However, I want to only use the FM pro Unlimited for the web companant. Is this possible? If it isn't why wouldn't it, since only thing is being used is the FM Pro unlimited web componant.

Why the "FM Pro 5 and FM pro unlimmited on 1 box"?

The Unlimited is just a FM Pro 5 with Unlimited user access from web....

quote:

Originally posted by cmbhatt:

Basically Filemaker Pro Unlimited is intended to be a web serving application. It should probably be installed on the same machine as the web server software. Which of course should never be on the same machine as the database server.

FMP Unlimited should not be used as a normal client, since all the resources are shared.

------------------

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Kurt Knippel

Consultant

Database Resources

mailto:[email protected]

http://www.database-resources.com

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

This topic is 8567 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.