Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Separating Frontend from Data and logic

This topic is 5370 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Using FM 10. Have a client that is expanding from 2 to 5 campuses. To facilitate updating changes and sending to all campuses how do you build and separate the frontend (screens) from the Dbase. Is there an example to see. Right now they have 2 and I do a copy paste but five ? Also, they are willing to allow me to make the necessary changes so that updating in the future is easier. They are looking to expand to 15 centers in the next three years.

Also, how or what is the best way to consolidate certain data from each campus to one central campus in order to see what is going on at all campuses...example how many students enrolled today.

Thanks.

Do an advanced search here for the separation model. There are lots of examples and arguments for it or against it.

Personally, I do not implement large solutions without using it.

Depending on how you set it up, you may want to have one data source and supply either separate interface files for each campus or one for all of them to use. All this depends on your business needs and model.

BTW, there is a whole forum dedicated to the separation model and I am going to move your thread there.

This topic is 5370 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.