Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Databases dissapeared

This topic is 5352 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

On restarting the Filemaker Server (9), all of the databases dissapeared from the library/Filemaker/Data/Databases folder.

I was able to restore from backup, lost half the day's work, but cannot find the original files or any clue as to why they would just dissapear.

has anyone seen this?

Something weird happening there. Seriously weird.

I'd back the databases up (to hard media like CD-ROM) and then run a disk check. This would entail downing FMS so I'd do it after hours.

What is the machine? Is it in-spec to run FMS? Is the disk dying?

Hello, thanks for the reply. The machine is a brand new G5 tower with all the trimmings, spec'd purposely for the FMS. Checked the disk and the permissions, all was fine. Restore from backup worked fine. Didn't trust the machine after that though so i zotzed the whole thing and reinstalled OS and FMS. Fingers crossed that won't happen again, but this is no way to live.

Yeah, still warm from the factory.

After the first reboot, when I noticed the databases weren't loaded, I checked around various locations in the machine and did spotlight searches for database names and found nothing.

Then I rebuilt permissions and rebooted. It is just so strange that those files could self destruct like that.

This being my first deployment with FMS, I looked in the FMS admin to see if there was any way to purposely delete databases. I didn't see any so I don't think I deleted them accidentally.

Thanks for your insight.

D.

This topic is 5352 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.