Server Maintenance This Week. ×

fix for user name preferences in FM 10?

This topic is 5351 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

This is an issue we've run into since installing FM 10 Pro on a Windows 2003 terminal server. Previously, User Name in Filemaker was set the first time a user would log in and launch Filemaker. Now, when users log on, their User Name is being set as the name that was used to register/install FM 10 on the Windows 2003 machine (our database guru). So, on the admin end in Filemaker, it looks like we have multiple people logged in as our database guru, which is obviously causing some confusion when we need to figure out who is actually logged on. Is there a fix for this, rather than having each person manually reset their User Name in Filemaker-Edit-Preferences? Thanks.

The User Name is taken from FM-Edit-Prefs, as you point out. I don't know of anyway to change it, except manually.

Of course, the User Name and the Account Name are two different things. Are you using Accounts?

Same thing happening here on FM10 server, so I guess it is the standard behavior of the admin console. For a multi-user solution it would be much better to have the actual account name displayed in the console rather than the registration name(or both if one wishes to).

I noticed that you can still see the account name of the user by clicking the registration name of the active session but after a while it gets tedious (look for it just below the middle of the app).

This topic is 5351 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.