Backup doesn't get done

This topic is 5258 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello,

I have a problem with FileMaker Server 8.0.4 on a MacOS 10.4.11 machine.

I have set up a program (in FileMaker Server Admin) to run every day to backup the database. It is active, and set to run each day at 19:00.

But no backup gets done...

The backup is targetted to be done in:

filemac:/Server HD/Library/FileMaker Server/Data/Backups

I tried everything and I hope someone can point me to some things I need to check / adjust for this backup to run...

Thanks!

Hello,

So I had a look at the log. There is an error 494 (wrong backup destination).

The problem is that I clicked on the button "Default" to get FM default destination. I get a message the the destination is valid...

In the log I also see Avertissement 156 writing is impossible.

I repaired MacOS X File permissions. All is OK. My account is an admin account.

What must I do?

The destination looks like this:

filemac:/Serveur HD/Library/FileMaker Server/Data/Backups/

Thanks for any help.

• 1 month later...
  • Newbies

Have you received any reply to your problem? I have a similar problem with my backup attempts.

I want the backup folder to be on a networked internal HD partition called Mini Server 2 HD - Data. When I enter the Backup folder name as filemac:/Mini Server 2 HD - Data/Backups/Filemaker Backups/ I get "not a valid path"

The FM 8 Server databases are on OS 10.4.11 Mac. The backup folder is on OS 10.5.8 Mac. The Event Log gives "invalid backup destination"

Check the permissions on the folder. The path may be OK but FMS may not have write privileges.

Maybe the hyphen in the volume name is causing problems.

The FM 8 Server databases are on OS 10.4.11 Mac. The backup folder is on OS 10.5.8 Mac.

Scrap all that: the backup volume has to be local hard disk or partition. A remote volume cannot be used. Not supported.

Backup to a folder on a local volume, then use OS scripting or some other program to copy the files to the remote volume. Make sure the files have finished backing up before copying them.

Hi,

I still have the same problem...

My backup destination is the internal drive of the FM Server machine. I clicked on the "Default Directory" button. FM says the destination is valid.

But I get 2 error messages (see my previous posts for the details). I set the privileges to the folders to "Full Access" to Everyone. So I am lost here. I really don't see why this backup is failing.

Any help is welcome!

This topic is 5258 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.