SC standalone run on startup

This topic is 5323 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

On a similar note, I too am trying to set up the jar file to startup automatically on the server. This is easily done, however, I am actually trying to get it to start running BEFORE login. If the server is restarted, I cannot ask my clients to log in every time just to allow a plugin server to start running.

I have tried several different ways to make the jar file into a windows service, to no avail. Granted, I might be doing it wrong, but has anyone else come up with a solution?

If you want SuperContainer to run as a service (which will launch before login) you will need to deploy it as part of Tomcat, rather than with FileMaker Server or in stand-alone mode.

You can download tomcat from http://tomcat.apache.org/

and read the installation instructions included with the SuperContainer documentation or the manual installation instructions located at http://wo.360works.com/cgi-bin/support/productsupport.cgi/SuperContainer#SuperContainer8

David, am I right understanding that only SC stand-alone supports CoreImage rendering (i.e. generating thumbnails for large TIFF and EPS files)? This is what the SC docs suggest.

If so, then to get SC stand-alone running automatically upon server reboot after, say, a power loss, we need to start it before login items.

SuperContainer can only use CoreImage in standalone deployment, which by definition can only be run as an standalone application. If you wish to use SuperContainer as a service you will need to deploy it as a server alongside either TomCat or FileMaker server.

Instead of adding it to login items of admin user I created a dummy limited user with autologin and added SC jar to his login items, also corrected permissions on the existing SC storage folders.

My experience was that only SC 2.56 does resize job flawlessly, regardless of TIFF and EPS file size. The latest versions fail to generate thumbnails for 100 Mb+ EPS files.

• 4 weeks later...

This topic is 5323 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.