Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Data appears and disappears and then reappears

This topic is 5322 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Its the strangest thing. I back up my database between my laptop to desktop everyday. During my last back-up I noticed a lost 4 records. It was upsetting as this represents a bit of work to me. After I finished a record I sent the database back to my laptop with one new record. Surprisingly the 4 lost files reappeared and the new file I just created disappeared. I tried sending the file between laptop and desktop again and the same thing happened. Very bizarre. How can I stop this odd behavior? What is going on?

Are you quiting FM before you copy the file from the laptop to the desktop?

Could you possibly have a duplicate of the file and aren't aware of it?

You interchange the words file and records, which is it: lost files or lost records?

Yes I am quitting FM before copying the files, I am certain there is no duplicate file and I am referring to records and not files (sorry for the confusion).

Today I ran Disk Warrior hoping the problem was with my OS but with no luck.

I should mention that I am sending a folder with 3 FM databases and a couple of Word files between laptop and desktop and I have been doing this for years with no problems. This bizarre behavior is only happening to only one of the FM databases with the other databases unaffected in the copied folder.

This is just totally baffling.

Any ideas?

This topic is 5322 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.