Server Maintenance This Week. ×

SQL Server changes not refreshing in FM

Simon K

This topic is 4592 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have created an external data source to SQL server and created a TO of that table in FM and related it to my FM contacts table:

Contacts::sl_accounts_code (FM) = SL_ACCOUNTS::cucode (SQL Server ESS)

I am now able to see Sales ledger accounts info relating to my FM contact on my FM layout

So far so good

If i change a piece of data in the SQL Server from a FM layout - it updates beautifully into SQL server - excellent

But if I then update a piece of info in SQL server it does not update the FM layout (even after changing layouts and reperforming a find on the customer concerned)

In a nutshell :

As a test i put the sales ledger account name on a contact layout - changed it in FM and the field changed in accounts db on sql server - then changed it back again in accounts app and it doesnt update the fm layout until fm closed and reopened...

In fact it looks as though it only updates the SQL data source on restarting FM

Have I missed a setting somewhere?

TIA

Simon

in FM

• 2 years later...

I had a similar issue to Simon and refreshing the window with "flush cached join results" definitely works to update any data that was entered on the SQL server side. However, I have a lot of records and it is a little slow. Does anyone have a faster way to refresh, so that it would update only the recently added records instead of rebuilding the entire relationship?

Mike,

Since you're a member of TechNet, I believe you have access to the techbrief_ess_fm11.pdf white paper. It discusses how FM caches data from an ESS table. It states that it is typically 25-100 records at a time.

Barbara

Since this white paper is locked behind TechNet, I cannot post it.

This topic is 4592 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.