Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Color inconsistency driving me insane

This topic is 5326 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a functioning system whereby I hide a button using an empty textbox. It works perfectly, except that Filemaker will *not* let me set the "hide" color of the box to match the background. I have tried everything I can think of (using the eyedropper tool, setting the background to a stock color from the color picker and then setting the "hide" color to the same one, letting Filemaker screw up the color of the button and then changing the background to match)... no luck). Filemaker always insists on making the "hide" box darker than the background.

This is driving me nuts. What am I missing?

I'm not sure how to extract the code from my large database file in a way that will give you what you need, so here are some pictures and descriptions.

First image (layout.jpg) shows edit layout mode, with the empty textbox in front of the button. The conditional formatting on the button is set to make the colour of the textbox the specified fill colour when the variable next to it is < 1. The trouble comes right when I select the colour: Filemaker immediately sets it darker, right in the Conditional Formatting Dialog.

Second image (box.jpg) shows the unintended result.

layout.jpg

box.jpg

This topic is 5326 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.