Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Can't Control Number of Emails Read

This topic is 5230 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I am using 360 Works Email Plugin version 1.94 with FileMaker Pro 10 Advanced on MacBook Pro running MacOS 10.6.1. I am trying to limit the number of emails read to 1 using the following:

EmailReadMessages( "progress=true" ;

"readonly=false" ;

"viewed=false" ;

"mailbox=" & $mailBox ;

"attachments=true" ;

"uid=" & $$getMessageUid - 1 ;

"max=1" ;

"readonly=true" ; /* setting readonly to false will mark any fetched messages as viewed! */

)

which results in reading all emails instead of just 1. What am I doing wrong?

• 2 months later...
  • Newbies

I just tried reading emails using the following:

EmailReadMessages( "progress=true" ;

"readonly=false" ;

"viewed=false" ;

"mailbox=" & $mailBox ;

"attachments=true" ;

"messageId=" & $$getMessageUid ;

"readonly=true" ; /* setting readonly to false will mark any fetched messages as viewed! */

)

The message ID provided is on the server as I was able to find it using the email read from my prior post. However, using the "messageID" flag in this post and then when getting messages within the loop "not EmailGetNextMessage" return true indicating that no message was read.

Do you have example code that reads only a single message?

I need to read individual messages because I can't get rid of the email messages received for legal reasons and reading messages using the method in my prior post takes an exorbitant amount of time.

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

If EmailGetNextMessage returns true it means that the next message is ready to be parsed. You can use the EmailReadMessageValue function to read the parts of the message.

I seem a bit confused about what you are trying to accomplish, however. If you have 10 messages on your server and pull down only message 6 on that server, you will not be able to loop and read all of the messages as you will have only downloaded one message. If you want to download all 10 messages and then read them one at a time you would want to use emailgetnextmessage in a loop.

This topic is 5230 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.