Linking certain parts of a picture

melton

This topic is 5310 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi guys, im a n00b so please go easy on me if i have posted in the wrong section.

im making a patient contact list with medical and dental history..

now all is good except for 1 thing.

i have a jpg chart of teeth(similar to http://www.aboutcosmeticdentistry.com/images/toothchart-bw-photo2.jpg ), and i want to be able to click on a certain tooth and have it highlighted. this will tell me which teeth the patient has/doesnt have...

if there is no way to do that, my only other idea would be to creat 28 different fields (each tooth) and have the fields sit over the tooth picture, and have a check box, but instead of marking the box with an 'x', is it possible to mark the box by colouring in the whole box black?

thanks

i want to be able to click on a certain tooth and have it highlighted.

The hard way: You could cut your picture up into 32 pieces (each with one tooth) and place it in one or more container fields. You'd then have to do the same thing again with a custom figure of 'highlighted' teeth. Create a series of container calculations arranged in two arcs to mimic the configuration of the original drawing. An invisible button or checkbox over each tooth would toggle a relationship to show either the regular or 'highlighted' tooth.

have a check box, but instead of marking the box with an 'x', is it possible to mark the box by colouring in the whole box black?

That would be a lot easier. Create a checkbox for each tooth based a value list which has only the value '1'. Then use conditional formatting to set the fill color of the checkbox to black when its value = 1.

This topic is 5310 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.