Updating links after changing Server IP

This topic is 5302 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Okay first off let me preface this post by stating that I have very little filemaker experience. I'm the webmaster for a municipality and one of our sub groups has recently joined our main network. As a result all of their machines changed private IP addresses.

This group used filemaker and the PHP API to publish a series of reports with file attachments to the web, that I later found out were being handled by the SuperContainer plugin. Long story short, the URLs to the documents are still showing the previous private IP address in both the filemaker clients and on the website. I have scoured the server but I cant seem to locate anything that would be recognizable as a .config or .ini.

How does one change the IP address that SuperContainer is using for the documents?

Thanks

SuperContianer is a server which is hosted on a specific machine (and at a specific ip). There is a FileMaker plugin which comes with it, but the main product is the server. When FileMaker or a script connects to a SuperContianer server, the web viewer or script is connecting to the IP address specified in the web viewer's setup/configuration screen, and the script is connecting to the address specified in one of its script steps (specifically in the SCSetBaseURL function).

These changes will need to happen within FileMaker. Depending on how your web viewers and scripts are set up, you may need to change the URL that each references to individually, or there may be a globally stored variable which stores the URL of the SuperContainer server which is set in a startup script for your databsae. You will also need to move your files and your SuperContainer deployment from the machine they are being stored on now to the new machine.

If you are not comfortable making these changes we are available to help you with this move. You can email me at [email protected] or call at 770-234-9293 or 866-662-9185 to speak with one of us. After looking at your database we can provide you with an estimate for this project.

Edited by Guest

One additional comment: When you (or we if you decide you would like help with this) are making the changes I would recommend using a subdomain rather than an IP for your SuperContainer URLs. This way, if you were to ever need to make the changes again in the future you could change a cname record rather than needing to make any changes to your database at all.

This topic is 5302 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.