Locking Supercontainer if record is locked

This topic is 5277 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I've setup security in my database such that if a lock field is set, several things happen. Script triggers will verify from the field either allowing or disallowing events, and user privileage set is affected by it not allowing certain classes of users to edit or change the record (essentially everyone except admin).

However, this doesn't work for supercontainers on that same layout. I have successfully been able to lock the layout and all portals from it... but not supercontainers.

Can this be accomplished where if a field evaluates true, supercontainer does not allow changes but will display current content?

Yes - This can be accomplished by the ?style=readonly parameter. This will allow the contents to be shown and downloaded, but not overwritten or deleted. You can have part of your script which locks the contents of your layout also add this to your web viewer's URL.

Edited by Guest

ok thanks for that.

Could I have essentially ?style=readonly become ?style=accesscalc

where the accesscalc is a calculation looking at my lock field. When the lock field is on and evaluates true, the text readonly becomes the field (probably using case), other is just ""?

This way it can be a calc and not have to be part of a script?

This topic is 5277 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.