Can only print first page of a multi-page list

Gene E

This topic is 5279 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I am trying to print a record having a field that contains a long list of bibliographic references. But only the first page of the record prints out. I have tried defining a layout that puts the list into a merge field (which is supposed to expand and contract to fit the amount of data) but I get the same result. FM Help just tells me to resize the field to fit the data, but I can't resize the field to greater than one page's dimensions. Is there a way to print the entire multi-page record?

list into a merge field (which is supposed to expand and contract to fit the amount of data

No fields ever expand, but they can be set to slide and contract - see sliding and printing in the help system.

but I can't resize the field to greater than one page's dimensions.

The layout part needs to be extended first to provide printing space for the field(s) you want to print.

• Newbies

Well, I solved my own problem, although the solution will probably make FM purists gnash their teeth. I exported the contents of the bibliography field to MS Word, and printed it out that way. 1t came to 16 single-spaced pages. Not elegant, but it did the job.

What really gets FM purists is that you " [have] a field that contains a long list of bibliographic references", when you should have a child table of references, and that would print easily since each ref is a record.

Edited by Guest

This topic is 5279 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.