Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Internal Field IDs?

This topic is 5258 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I maintain a very large, complex solution that has been used for many years. I have a couple of files left that were org created in filemaker 2 and have had many differant developers working on them. What I would like to know is if there is a tool that can tell me what the internal field id's are. (not sure this term is right.)

What I would like to be able to do is create a new file with only what is needed and simply replace the old one. Problem being that I have over 30 files and at least half of them referance it. To avoid rewriting the entire solution, I would like to have the fields that I am currently using set to the same Field ID as the old file so when I replace the file/table all the other tables/relationships use the correct fields. I have no way of knowing how many fields have been deleted so using the fields creation order is not an option.

Edited by Guest

You don't say which version you have. FileMaker 6 and higher does offer design functions, to show the "hidden" ID's

You might consider converting the whole file, then deleting the parts you don't need

Also, the FM Robot utility does offer to maintain ID's when re-building

greg

This topic is 5258 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.