Claris Engage 2025 - March 25-26 Austin Texas ×

Runtime on Iphone.

hartmut

This topic is 5372 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Just wondering if Filemaker will be making the runtime port over to Iphone. They put bento on there but there has been no solution for developers to become part of the iphone race. It is like the App Director going to Flash. Most director projects became lost . I think the same will happen to Filemaker people . if they can't port their products to iphone without stepping backward. I would urge everyone interested in their filemaker future to speak up about making an iphone runtime. I know there are ways but it is like making the user buy a 100 dollar cable to run a program. Cmon. Lets have some hope. Speak up.

I understand. I am familiar. It seems like it is too expensive . I then can develop a runtime and sell it for .99 cents but it only costs the user 70 dollars to use it . That is not a good solution. Does anyone feel this way?

This planned variation on FMTouch is supposed to address the 0.99 cent iTunes App Store issue. The developer pays upfront for a special, more expensive version of FMTouch and gain the ability to create and sell a complete solution app database+FMTouch directly to the end user via the iTunes App Store for whatever low price the developer desires.

http://www.fmtouch.com/blog/2009/06/fmtouch-developer-license-publish-your.html

I haven't heard anything about this since the blog posting. They were planning on making a Blackberry version of FMTouch also so maybe it monopolized their time.

Thank you so much. the only thing I am not sure of with this version is if It allows the webviewer to work . ihave my application based on the ability for filemaker to view web content and send stuff to a MYSQL database.. etc. Thanks for the info I was unaware.

This topic is 5372 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.