IWP Web Reports with PHP and ODBC

This topic is 5242 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

A database solution has been created and setup on OS9 system on Filemaker Server 8. The solution uses IWP and allows users to access the database using web logins.

I need an interface that allows users to continue using the IWP interface and at the same use a link to produce an HTML export of data that concerns them.

I tested a theoretical setup on Windows XP system by creating a DSN for the filemaker database on filemaker 9 client and used PHP's standard ODBC to access the database. The database was hosted using client web sharing. Everything worked fine.

I then tried the same on a OSX-Leopard with Filemaker 8 client. I am struggling with ODBC drivers with the Mac System. The error states the driver is incorrect or inaccessible and now the Web Sharing wont start anymore. I reinstalled Filemaker but that does not fix anything.

Does activating the PHP module on Apache in OSX-Leopard affect Filemaker's internal webserver in anyway?

Has anyone tried doing this? Which odbc-driver do you recommend? I know Fx.PHP and FMpro API for PHP exist, but as Custom Web Pages and IWP cannot be run concurrently, that is not an option; unless I rewrite the entire web application.

Thank you

nchar

nchar, I'm not sure that there is a problem using CWP and IWP at the same time. Have you tested it?

I'm running IWP and CWP on the same filemaker database and don't have any problems.

If you get your CWP running you could place a web viewer on your layout in IWP.Add some custom html/javascript to hit the server via CWP and return what you are looking for.

• Newbies

Are you using Filemaker Server 8?

I know that Filemaker 9 and Filemaker pro support more features. If this works it would be very helpful. I am facing alot of trouble retrieving data via ODBC - connectivity, driver support, iwp malfunction (after changing the apache httpd.conf file)

I will look into it again.

Thank you for your help

nchar

This topic is 5242 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.