"The operation couldnt be completed" message

This topic is 5247 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi all,

This is my first ever FM question... Sorry if its an obvious problem but I've been searching forums and the install docs for hours before bothering you all with this.

I've got Supercontainer Server running. Taken the address and made it the address for my web viewer. And added a Document ID field to store the info...?

"http://192.168.2.1:8020/SuperContainer/Files/" & Projects Simon::Document ID

The problem is that theres an error message at the bottom of the web viewer saying

"The operation couldnt be completed. Cannot allocate memory"

It seems to let me drag images into the viewer, switch records and it retains the images. But as soon as I go into layout mode any data I added to Supercontainer is gone.

Also the example file that comes with Supercontainer works fine but if I add a web viewer I get the same message...

Thanks heaps for any help.

Cheers,

Simon

Edited by Guest

It sounds like you are not properly connecting to your SuperContainer server. When you are dragging the file you have into the web viewer your WV is pointing to the location of your file on your local system temporarily rather than uploading the file to SuperContainer.

If you have the URL pointed to your SuperContainer server properly you should have a java applet load, and then an "upload" button should appear in your web viewer. You may need to double check your port and make sure that the computer you are trying to reach is on your local network at 192.168.2.1. That address is a bit suspicious to me, so you may not have it correct.

Also, make sure that you are using the correct port to access your supercontainer server. SC Server in stand-alone mode (running supercontainerserver.jar)is accessed on port 8020, while you will use port 80 (which you don't need to specify in your URL like you do with 8020) if you have deployed your SC server with FileMaker server using the installer.jar file.

Whichever your deployment option, you should also check and make sure that you don't have any firewall software blocking access to those ports.

Please let me know if this does not resolve your issue.

• Newbies

Hi David,

I think you might be right about the address 192.168.2.1 being suspicious. I checked my ethernet settings and its actually set to 192.168.0.2 so I dont know where the SC server is getting 192.168.2.1 from?

I'm running Snow Leopard with all updates available so I wondered if it could be a Snow Leopard issue?

Cheers,

Simon

192.168.2.1 is actually a possible IP address if you're using a Dlink, Microsoft, or Dell router. I'm not familiar with that error message, but because of the way you're loosing the data it still sounds like you're not connected to your SuperContainer Server. If you are not getting a java applet loading in your web viewer and you are not seeing an "Upload" button, you are not actually connected to your SC server.

On the machine you have SuperContainer running on, try to go to http://localhost/SuperContainer in a web browser (http://localhost:8020/SuperContainer if running stand-alone deployment). If you can see supercontainer there it means that your SC server is running. If you can't access it from other computers using the IP address it means that you either do not have the correct IP, ports are not being forwarded properly (if accessing from outside your network), or antivirus and firewall software are blocking your connection.

Try these things out and let me know if you're able to make any progress.

This topic is 5247 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.