IWP and webviewer in Firefox and Chrome

wngiii

This topic is 5245 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Greetings! I've working with a database of artists contracts which we have the physical contract scanned into PDF's on a shared network server. Currently using FMP 10 Adv. and not on server 10 yet but will be installing it soon.

My end goal is to have IWP access so users can access via any browser with a log in. When they look at a contract I would like for them to view the pdf either in the web viewer or create an open URL button to open the file in adobe or a new window of a web browser. The Open URL would be more ideal as some contracts are 30+ pages.

I can get this to work in Internet explorer 8, and the IWP works fine with firefox and chrome but when i go to view the contracts either way It will not show in the web viewer with FF and Chrome nor will the open URL work.

Any thoughts? my url looks like this file:////servername/foldername/contract.pdf

I've fooled with multiple slashes etc and opening the file directly in both browsers and it opens fine, copied directly from the browser address bar to the web viewer address etc and nothing happens.

any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Bill

PS... I've tried regular web addresses such as google and they work fine... go figure. it must be something with the file location itself?

Edited by Guest

I like the Idea of having the person looking at the contract to see the pages of the pdf in the same screen as the information they are putting in the database. it would require less back and forth between windows and cut down on confusion.

But that is why I alternatly would want the open URL. I haven't tried a container field yet. but will see if that works. any other sugestions as to why firefox or chrome won't open the file through the IWP?

This topic is 5245 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.