Exporting and Title Case

This topic is 5160 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Greetings;

I know you can change the font to title in Filemaker, that makes it so that the fields are shown as Title Case, however when you export them they are still in the original case, is there a way to make it so that it exports a certain file in Title case?

You have two options:

1) Create a calculation (text):) Proper ( yourfield ) and export that field instead

2) Script replace your real data using this same calculation and then set up an auto-enter (by calculation) on that field with 'do not replace existing values' unchecked. In this way, you won't need to ever update your data once it is correct (it'll adjust every time a User changes it) and you can ditch the calculation.

If you use method 2 remember that you won't be able to every 'un-title' something in the field so if someone has a name like mine, it'll incorrectly change the capitalization.

Only you can decide which would be best in your situation. :smile2:

• 2 months later...

Just finished a 250 person contact list and I thought I could export straight from FM to Excel the formatted title case of names,address and city. (my actual typing was all lower case). Was I wrong. Would have been a disaster. Thanks so much.

I must contribute $$ to this forum.

This topic is 5160 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.