SuperContainer can't find files

This topic is 5246 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

We have a FileMaker 9 Advanced server running on Mac OS 10.5.4 with SuperContainer 2.1.9.

We were running out of space on a hard drive, so as a test I edited the web.xml file to point to a network drive. Worked fine, but when I tried to copy the existing files over to the network drive, SuperContainer couldn't find them. Basically it just wouldn't render anything in the FileMaker field except the upload button.

At this point I tried to roll back from my experiment, changing the path again in web.xml back to /Users/Shared/SuperContainer

Instead of showing the files in SuperContainer fields, it now showed 404 errors. Checking the Apache logs, I saw that it was looking for files in /Library/WebServer/Documents, so SuperContainer was no longer doing its thing.

I ran the install script again, choosing Upgrade, and restarted the computer. After entering registration information, I checked the FileMaker fields. Even though web.xml is pointing to /Users/Shared/SuperContainer, I was again getting nothing but Upload buttons.

I'm really at a loss here, not being a SuperContainer expert. I'm hoping that by looking at my web.xml, path, and the Web Address from my Web Viewer will be useful in diagnosing this problem.

Path: /Users/Shared/SuperContainer (contains Files subdirectory containing everything we've uploaded)

In web.xml, macintoshFilesPath is set to:

/Users/Shared/SuperContainer (no trailing slash, right?)

Example web viewer address (currently just shows upload button):)

"http://my url/SuperContainer/Files/" & Experiment::Experiment_ID & "/" & Files_Samples::Sample_ID & "/" & Files_Samples::FileName & "/v_" & Files_Samples::Version_Number & "?style=upload+nodelete+x-small"

And an example file that should be showing up is located at:

/Users/Shared/SuperContainer/Files/EXP058/EXP058-280373/EXP058-Growth Curves.xlsx/v_3/EXP058 Growth Curves.xlsx

I've also tried using the raw data functionality, by going to the following url:

http://my url/SuperContainer/RawData/EXP058/EXP058-280373/EXP058-Growth%20Curves.xlsx/v_3

When I do that, I get HTTP Status 404 from FileMaker Server, with the message:

FileMaker Server has encountered an error:

The requested resource () is not available.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I really don't understand how SC works (seemingly piggy backing on Mac OS Apache/FileMaker Server) so I'm at a loss when I try to trace this problem through.

This topic is 5246 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.