Admin Console & IWP Problems trying to work with Server 10

This topic is 5233 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I tried to load Filemaker Server 10 onto my new imac but it says I have a previous version of the server on this mac. After removing what I thought was needed - application Filemaker 9. I still encountered problems with a statement still telling me I had to remove version 9. I have obviously missed something but don't know what.

Anyway I tried to install Server 10 on my powerbook G4 with success apart from one main thing IWP is not working on powerbook.

I take it the reason why Instant Web Publishing is not working on Power Book G4 1.67ghz System 10.5.8 80Gb is the computers fault for not being powerful enough.

As I have said already I must have had a previous version of Filemaker Server on my computer and obviously have not deleted all that is relevant even though I can't see anything relating to Filemaker Server 9 and that's where my problems started.

What is annoying about this is Instant Web Publishing works on my imac but not on the powerbook and Admin Console works on the powerbook but not the imac this is driving me crazy. Please help.

Let's look at these issues in order.

1. Existing FMS 9 installation. You must use the original installer to UNINSTALL FMS 9 - you can't simply delete the application.

2. The Power Book lacks the power!

3. The admin console issue is possibly due to a Java cache problem - have a look through these forums for similar mentions.

• Newbies

As I downloaded a trial of Filemaker Server 9 a while ago and therefore didn't have a disk with a uninstaller on it, would you happen to know how I can get a copy/download of a unistall Filemaker Server 9 programme.

Thanks

This topic is 5233 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.