Self-managing login/registration module

This topic is 5237 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi there,

I am interested in building a self-managing and web-compatible login/registration module for a database. My users are a mixed bunch of FileMaker clients 8.0v3 and higher.

Basically, I'd like the system to:

1. auto-login as guest or some other safe privilege set capable of executing what is necessary to make the following functionality work (i am guessing that would be the first step)

2. present a custom welcome page with login/registration options (similar to most modern web sites)

3. provide "forgot your login and/or password" function, and send passwords and account info by e-mail (is there a way to reset the password to some randomized string and then send that along to them)

4. set new users to some default "registered" privilege set

5. perhaps allow for manual account creation by those who have certain privileges-- with the ability to set privilege sets that are available to that specific system admin

I can envision a few other bells and whistles, but this workflow is, I think, the crux of what I'm trying to do--- basically emulate what almost any modern web system can do in terms of login & registration. I would be amenable to using a server-based plugin but not on the client side. We run FM Server 10 Advanced, and again, if possible, I'd like the whole thing to be web-compatible, possibly using IWP if that would be a straightforward way.

I'm eager to hear any ideas about this.. whether it's been done, whether it can be purchased, concerns, drawbacks, limitations, plug-ins required, things to think of, etc.

Many thanks in advance.

Steven

This topic is 5237 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.