Printing large found sets; SC contents print inconsistently

This topic is 5231 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello all,

We have a solution for a client that has three SC webviewer objects on a layout. When printing the current record, all three objects print fine. When printing a found set of, say, 90, they print (or don’t) inconsistently, with maybe 80% blank.

If I switch the style to noapplet, they print fine. Here’s the problematic code:

"http://" &

$$SC_URL // set in the Logon script

& "/SuperContainer/Files/" &Get(FileName)&"/" & SAMPLE:__kp_SampleID &"_A" & "?width=220?height=195"

And here it is with the noapplet tag:

"http://"& $$SC_URL // set in the Logon script

& "/SuperContainer/Files/" &Get(FileName)&"/" & SAMPLE::__kp_SampleID&"_A" & "?style=noapplet_readonly+nolink&width=185&height=185"

I’m guessing that this is a memory issue of some kind with the Web Viewer itself, rather than SC per se. - I’ve had similar problems, for example, printing google chart web viewer objects across large found sets. Switching to style=noapplet would (I think) reduce the memory load for each web viewer object, which is why I’m guessing that the Web Viewer object itself is the bottleneck.

I wanted to see if anyone has similar issues printing. I can use noapplet as a workaround but I prefer the applet UI.

Best,

Colin

I believe that the issue is that your SuperContainer web viewers are not finishing loading before you print. When you are on your print layout, try waiting a bit longer before hitting the print button to let the web viewers load completely.

Hi David, thanks for replying.

No such luck - I can confirm that all the images are fully loaded in preview mode before printing. I scrolled through each page in preview mode to make sure.

Some items that I can see in preview mode in FM just don’t get printed. Note that there’s some inconsistency - sometimes you’ll get an image loading on page 66 with blanks for five or six pages around it.

Any other thoughts/ideas?

The best solution is to use noapplet mode (which you said works fine, correct?). If you want to keep the applet functionality I would recommend having a print layout and a user interaction layout with one using noapplet, and the other using applet mode.

You can also use unstored calc containers and have them point to SuperContainer using the SuperContianer companion plugin to have them temporarily load the SC preview images, though this is a more complicated solution, and if noapplet is working for you I would recommend sticking with that.

This topic is 5231 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.