Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Local host is not appered

This topic is 5214 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello

I'm working with FMPRO 9 Advanced and windows xp home edition, ok I have a basic network of 2 computers, the first one is connected to a cable modem that gave me my ISP, the other computer is connected to the same cable modem but via remote network card is a laptop, I made a basic network between them and I can see the main file from the laptom to the main computer ( i mean the first one).

I open the main file, shared it with the filemaker option of sharing, everything was ready, but when I try to open the file from the laptop (the second machine) and nothing, any host appered!!!

I tried already open it writing the IP address and the name of the file with extension even but the same result nothing!, I'm stuck and delay

any help please!!

This is not the first time that I do this procedure and I haven't had any problems up to this day.

Thanks

BluiSh

ps: another important fact is that from the main computer I open Remote and the host appears very quickly but on the wrong computer!!!. and I tried to open the file from the lapton and filemaker says of course that is not possible because is used by the main computer.

Double check your port 25, make sure that sharing privs are on, etc.

Here are some more things you can try.

http://forum-en.filemaker.com/fm/board/message?board.id=FM-en-4&message.id=18830#M18830

Check your hardware such as your router that may have firewalls.

Check your security software such as windows firewalls, McAfee, Norton, etc.

Thank you mr. vodka

I was trying all the links that you gave me and the problem was resolve.

I don't have to open any port in the cable modem, I just re install in the 2 computers the filemaker program with a new date from the past before 22 september 2008, take away all the firewall protections, antivirus and suddenly I could read the database from the other machine.

Thank you very much

BluiSh

This topic is 5214 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.