Automatic generation of keywords

panchristo

This topic is 5218 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi all,

can someone help towards the following:

I have a simple table with a description field (text) relatively small in length, that I want to use in order to produce automatically a list of keywords for every record. This list will be used afterwards as a filtering multikey value through a portal to search for records that have the same word (or parts of a word). I suspect it should involve the use of a custom function (probably recursive) in order to separate each word inside the description field and enter it in another Calculation field (automatically updatable) word-after-word separated by carriage returns in order for the filtering relationship to work.

Does anyone have an idea on how this could be implemented? I am not a total beginner in FM Scripting, Calculation building e.t.c., but Custom Functions are a bit of a mystery for me. So apart from guidelines on the implementation of the aforementioned task, can anyone guide me to resources for programming of this kind (recursive functions e.t.c.), so I can get a bit more knowledge?

Why emulate something the native indexing does behind the screens anyway? Establishing found sets in a portal can still be done in a selfjoin??? ...and with todays use of event triggers, could the typing of keywords in a field pull this off.

--sd

This topic is 5218 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.