Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Layout Mode horizontal Scroll bar always snaps to the right.

This topic is 5198 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I must have hit some weird combination of keys! Now when I go into layout mode, the horizontal scroll bar always snaps to the right. Whenever I try to move it, it always returns to the extreme right of the form (inch 111). What is going on?! Happens on all layouts - even when restarting mode and application. Have been using FMP for more than 15 years - have NEVER seen this before.

We must be missing some info. Can you confirm that you're using FM9A, as your profile indicates.

Do a Select All in layout mode. Is there an object somewhere on the far right?

Are you running a script and using Adjust Window Resize to Fit? Are you going to a field--that is on the far right?

Does this happen in a new database?

When you say that you can't move it, do you mean that if you click to the left it will not scroll left?

Yes, I am using FM9A, there are no fields or objects all the way over to the right.

This only happened when I was in Layout mode. As soon as I entered Layout mode the horizontal scroll bar would immediately snap all the way over to the right of the layout. When I would grab the bar and drag it anywhere else on the horizontal plane, as soon as I would let go of the mouse button, the bar would immediately snap back to the right- no matter what I would do.

I tried toggling from Layout to browse mode to Layout mode again - still the same result.

I closed the file and re-opened it again - still the same problem.

I shut down FM9A and opened the file again and went into Layout mode - still the same.

I restarted Windows, re-started FMP9A, re opened the file and went to layout mode - No more Problem!

GO figure?!? got to be some weird paranormal Windows thing (the ghost of clippy maybe?)

Thanks for responding. It's nice to have people like you that are willing to help.

This topic is 5198 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.