Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Supported characters in folder names

This topic is 5170 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm starting a new thread since this is a separate issue.

I don't necessarily need high-ASCII/unicode characters to be supported. It would be nice, but if it depends on the ftp server setup, it sounds like a bit too much to ask from a plugin.

What does seem reasonable to me is that, if I use FTPeek to create a folder name that it cannot create identically on the ftp server, FTPeek would detect that and return an error. Now, if I create a folder "Wikström", FTPeek tells me everything is fine but I actually end up with a folder called something like "Wikstr??m" (or at least that's the way FTPeek displays the name).

And/or, it would be great to have a "safe mode" that only allows supported characters. I can of course build that in myself in my scripting, but it seems more logical to have it in the plugin itself.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi David,

You are correct this is a difficult issue to take care of in the plugin. Primarily b/c there are so many ftp server out there and, checking what characters are supported for each server is laborious task.

We could, however, customize FTPeek to provide unicode support for a specific ftp server, please let me know if you're interested.

This topic is 5170 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.