File Maker Pro 10 Adding Passwords to Converted Documents?

Nick E.

This topic is 5032 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi everyone. I'm new to the FM Forums but I appreciate any help you all can offer. Also, I apologize if this issue is addressed in another thread, but I searched and couldn't find it.

Here's the deal: I've recently upgraded an installation of File Maker Pro 6 to File Maker Pro 10. I have four databases that are used regularly in my company. After converting them all from the 6 format to the 10 format, two have spontaneously started requiring password in order for me to write to them. I can open the file as a "guest" and view it to my hearts content, but I cannot make alterations to it because it requires a password.

The two documents that now require passwords have never had a password on them at any point in their existence.

Has anyone has any experience with this? It's driving my (and my administrative staff) crazy!

Any help you can offer would be much appreciated!

Trying using a Account Name of "Admin" and blank password. Any passwords in previous versions will be converted to be the user name and password as well.

• 5 months later...

Hi Nick, and Welcome to the Forum,

Reread mr_vodka reply.

Any passwords in previous versions will be converted to be the user name and password as well

Lee

This topic is 5032 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.