Transferring Objects to SuperContainers

This topic is 5168 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Jesse, I am continuing the thread from TechTalk here since I know a little more now. Its definitely not a SuperContainer issue but hopefully you'll have dealt with this before. Here is what I know:

> I need to move some objects stored in Containers to SuperContainer.

> When I first called SCSetContainer, a logo file was stored in the SuperContainer. It looks just like the logo that had been in the container but it is, in fact, just a JPEG with the name Untitled.

> Upon further investigation, I discovered that the users are following this workflow to store files in the containers: right-click the container > Insert Object... > Create From File > Browse (Choose File) > Link > Display As Icon > OK

> After a file is inserted, I can right-click the container and choose Open Linked Acrobat Document and the file opens.

So, I get that these files are now linked to the file which remains in its original location. These files still contribute to the (excessive) file size that I am trying to eliminate by moving everything to SuperContainer.

Here is the question: How do I move linked objects into SuperContainer?

I do realize that we will have to change the workflow since the file in the SuperContainer will not automatically update when the original file is updated. Possibly, more on that later.

Thanks!

Unfortunately your users have been inserting files as objects using Windows OLE. This makes the file unavailable for export or upload to SuperContainer.

We're looking into finding a way to make these files available for upload, but right now the only way to deal with it is to open the file with the application for that filetype, re-save it, and then re-import it to filemaker as a file or upload it directly to SuperContainer.

Idea, since your trying to clean up... rather than the import right click way... why not create a import button and create better structure.. maybe folders too, save as Reference vs... sounds as if both embedded files too...

This topic is 5168 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.