Sign in to follow this  
James Gill

Tab Oddities in FMP 11

I'm working on a database that was created in Filemaker 10 and am using Filemaker 11. I can duplicate this oddity with both Filemaker 11 and now Filemaker 10.

I add a tab panel to a layout and add 2 tabs with default settings. I then create fields on each tab. The tab functions perfectly, keeping each of their respective fields on the tabs that they are supposed to be on. I then change the tab justification to full and change the tab type to square, and now the tab panel displays all fields across all of the tabs in the first tab. No amount of switching or playing around with the layout fixes this until I delete the tab and try again.

Can anybody reproduce this?

Post a file showing the issue, thanks.

Two Tabs - Both Show Through

I have the same issue you report. I had two tabs working fine. I accidentally deleted the layout. I had a backup copy with the tabs working fine. I dragged the layout from the backup copy to the working copy. Now the tabs look fine in Layout Mode, but in regular mode, all fields on both tabs show up in both tabs.

No solution yet - if I figure anything out I'll post it.

Yeah, OK, how about this: The tab panels accidentally overlapped onto the Header Part. When I moved everything down onto the Body Part, All Was Well.