SC Plugin on FM Server

This topic is 5161 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

For a solution I'm working on, a number of users are uploading files to Super Container via IWP. I'm scripting the process so that a record is created in a 'Documents' table with the ID generating the file path.

When files are uploaded via FMP I use the SC Plugin to grab the file name and size, so that this information can be displayed in list views etc.

However, when files are uploaded via IWP the plugin cannot be utilised. (At least I don't think so, I've tried it in both the Server plugins folder and the Web Publishing plugins folder). The Document records are left without the required info.

Is there any way of 'triggering' a calc that will be executed on the server and call the plugin from there to grab the details?

Failing that, is there another clever way that anyone can think of?

Thanks in advance.

You can use the SuperContainer Companion Plugin with IWP by putting the plugin in the FileMaker Server/Web Publising/publishing-engine/wpc/Plugins folder. The "Plugins" directory may not exist, and so you may need to create in manually. You will need to restart your web publishing engine after putting the plugin in this directory.

You cannot triger a script when a user drops a file into the SuperContainer applet for uploading, but you are able to use unstored calcs to have your fields automatically update when your users load the record. You could also put a "get info about this file" button which your users could click to populate the fields.

Edited by Guest

This topic is 5161 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.