Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Field Modified by... and or Logging?

This topic is 5137 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Using the "Modified By" selection thinking.. Is there anyway to set it to a specific field? Meaning that you can modify everything but once you modify a specific field it inputs the user name as the modifier?

I assume if possible it would go in hand with time stamp as well.

Or is there a way to log this info every time the user modifies the record/time/specific field?

Edited by Guest

This is often called a audit trail. There have been demo files posted at various times to the forums.

It's done using auto-enter calculations and the Let() function. It could be done in FMP 10 and later with script triggers too.

The auto-enter will do it at a record/table level while the script triggers will do it at a layout/interface level. Meaning that if script triggers are used the audit trail will only update when the change is made form that layout. This is not necessarily a bad thing.

Not sure if I am understanding I use the auto enter now but can you specify which field in table based on record ID#?

Right now if anything is modified it works but trying to create something to view when specific fields are modified to a record.

Edited by Guest

This topic is 5137 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.