Server Maintenance This Week. ×

eAuthorize Plugin and the new Debit/Gift Card rules from Visa/MC

This topic is 5109 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I have been receiving information from Authorize.net about changes that Visa/MC are requiring when processing debit or gift cards. Something like we are supposed to show the card balance on the receipt. Does anyone know if eauthorize is going to support this? I'm using version 5.0 so I haven't see 5.1 but the release notes don't say anything about this. I assume authorize.net has modified their system to send back this information, but if the plugin isn't setup to receive it, I'm not sure how I will get it. I don't want to have to pay worqsmart $50 just to ask this question, if I don't have to. Thanks

You could try using the contact form on their site instead of the support form. I think that's fair, since you're not asking for technical support, just information.

Well, you may want to clarify the rules with Authorize.net. Visa may want the balance of a Visa gift card printed on Receipts, but never the balance of a debit card., Most check cards are debit cards, and they can't require you to show the balance of your bank account on a receipt. You may also be a bit confused. There is a new rule set for merchants complying with PCI DSS protocol. And I CAN tell you that the eAuthorize plugin is NOT PCI DSS compliant at this time. (As it does not encrypt credit card data, but then again it doesn't have to, that's the job of your network). But the PCI DSS regulations govern the MERCHANT'S way of transferring credit card data over networks, their network security protocols, and the overall rules governing secure credit card transactions over the web and networks. Google it, and you will learn more.

Edited by Guest

This topic is 5109 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.