Help! User Registration and Limiting Record Access

This topic is 5125 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I am a newbie who is creating a applicant tracking system similar to OpenCATS (www.opencats.org) for my healthcare staffing company. How should I go about setuping up and limiting access to the portal designed so the applicant can maintain their own resume and other related data?

Currently, I have a web registration form that the applicant uses to register with my company The registration form collects their username and password which post to a "Users" table. The "User" table has the following fields: k_idUser, UserID, Password, Role, Permissions, CreateTimestamp, CreateDate, CreateUser, CreateIP LoginDate, LoginTimestamp, LoginIP. I have separate tables for role and permissions because I plan to use this "User" table for all users of the application (in-house employees, client facilities, and applicant).

If someone can please assist or lead me in the right direction to answer the following questions:

1) How can I limit access to on the individual applicant's record?

2) How can I capture the IP address of the system the applicant registers from?

3) How can I capture the IP address when the applicant logins to update their record?

In addition, would there be anything else I should consider or implement?

Thanks in advance!

I think you need pretty much fundamentally to rethink this design, especially if you're concerned about data confidentiality. It has numerous security vulnerabilities in it.

There are numerous resources on FIleMaker security, including Tech Briefs and videos on line. You might also want to search this Forum for the term record level access,which is the concept you need to implement.

Steven

This topic is 5125 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.