Server Maintenance This Week. ×

EmailSend Error - Invalid Addresses

This topic is 5091 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I have successfully sent multiple emails using the 360Works Email plugin. The error I am getting now comes at the EmailSend function and returns an EmailLastError of "Invalid Addresses". I have one email address in the "to" field and 10 email addresses the BCC field. I have used every possible Email filter and validator I know (including the IsValidEmail function) to make sure the email addresses are valid. However no matter what I do, I am still getting the "Invalid Addresses" error and thus the email is failing to send. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

It looks like your server is returning the error "SMTPAddressFailedException: 550 unrouteable address". This can be due to an improperly configured mail server, or an actual address issue, where the mail address is being rejected by the receiving server (either because it doesn't exist or is configured to reject mail to that address).

I would recommend trying this address from a mail client, such as outlook or thunderbird, and connecting to the same SMTP server that you are connecting to in your script to see if this email will send properly. I suspect that it will fail with the same error.

• Newbies

I tried the address from my mail client and I got a similar error. I also tried it from a different SMTP server and got the same thing, so definitely appears to be an address issue. Also because I have successfully sent 150 emails by the same method it seems only those addresses are no good. Thanks David!

This topic is 5091 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.