Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Printing troubles: split a line between pages

This topic is 5050 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi everyone people! I have this little issue in my database, when I print what I write in a big text box. The thing is that the last line of each page turns splitted between pages (in preview mode it also appears splitted)... I mean, at the bottom of each page appears the top part of a text line, and in the top of the next page, appears the bottom part of the line... Help please!!! I tried to reinstall the printer... I don't really know what to try.

Thanks in advance a really lot!!!

bottom_of_the_1st_page.JPG

top_of_the_2nd_page.JPG

• 1 month later...
  • Newbies

Seriously this is a major problem...

I've been trying to find a way to solve this for a long time. And it gets even worse if you have footer and header parts...

I can't believe how they haven't seen this. 11 versions and still the same problem? FFS

Hi, thanks for answering... I saw the 'Virtual List' thing... but it isn't so nice like the big text box way... why FM9 didn't do that bad splitting thing? I decided to go back to FM9 til they solve that trouble in FM10 or in FM11... do you know if anyone is working on that error?

Thanks a really lot!!

This is how Filemaker has always worked, and reverting back versions, imho, will not help.

http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1756/~/text-splitting-across-page-breaks-when-printing-in-filemaker-pro-5

It has been suggested elsewhere that setting the layout units of measurement to pixels might help.

Also try setting the margins to a fixed measurement of zero and "manually" allowing room for the paper margins, remembering that many inkjet printers require something like 1.5 cm of the bottom edge for paper feeding.

But as Barbara says, this has been a problem for FMP forever and changing back versions won't help: in fact it may make matters worse because FMI has been trying to resolve it over the years, and older versions may be worse.

Postscript printer drivers might be better than pcl, and check that they are up to date.

No, but FMP 9.0 has bugs in Windows that were fixed in FMP 10. (This is the problem with printer names that are longer than 32 characters.)

This topic is 5050 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.