Mac Expose & the Disappearing FMP Window

LisetteG

This topic is 5063 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello All. I have a strange problem.

First of all, I am working on a Mac and believe that the problem might have come from switching between "Spaces," which I have always had enabled.

Here's the problem:

I was editing a very long calculation in FMP, that had not been saved. I switched to another application in another "space" for a bit, came back to FMP and could not locate the "Specify Calculation" window anymore.

I could see the DB in the background locked under the"Manage Database" window. I cannot click on or select anything.

Since I did not close the "Specify Calculation" window, FMP has become inactive. One solution is to click ESC and discard the changes that were made so far. But I hope I can find another way out of this as I would not like to lose my work. One thing though, I do see a flicker of it when I go into Expose view.

Here are the things I have tried:

1. Hiding FMP

2. Showing All

3. Putting the computer to sleep, then waking it up

4. Connecting to another monitor

5. Changing Expose and Spaces settings in System Preferences

6. Changing my monitor's resolution

I have attached a screen capture of what it looks like, perhaps that will help you to better understand the problem. The field I was editing is "invitation to exhibit."

Please let me know if you have any other suggestions. Thank you in advance for all of your assistance

fmp_problem.jpg

I've noticed a few instances where spaces and filemaker do not work well together. I usually can get it back by pressing F9 to show all windows in the space I was in (I have FM set to show in all spaces), then mouse over fm to activate the space. This big one for me that can be very difficult to bring up sometimes is the other or custom color pallet, it will disappear immediately sometimes when opened and can be selected by f9 then clicking on certain areas of that pallet. Given all the other issue in FM11 I have no idea if this will ever be fixed, but we can hope. Perhaps others out there have found a better answer, I'm interested also.

This topic is 5063 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.