Combining privileges

This topic is 5076 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm pretty sure the answer is "no" but I for some reason I thought extended privileges could be used to combine different privileges into one. That is, let's say I have:

Privilege 1 => access to field 1

Privilege 2 => access to field 2

Can I somehow create an extended privilege combining Privilege 1 and Privilege 2 so I don't have to create a new Privilege 3 for an account to be able to access both field 1 and field 2?

Thanks in advance!

No, and that's not the purpose of Custom Extended Privileges. Custom Extended Privileges are for extending the business logic rules in the file. For what you're trying to do, you need to use record and field level access in the Privilege Set definitions.

Steven

OK, thank you.

But what I mean is, let's say I already have created two privilege sets that were very time consuming to create, for instance, "Employee US West Coast" and "Employee US East Coast".

Now the company hires someone that they want to have "Employee US" privileges (both privileges therefore).

The question is, is there any way to quickly combine both privileges into one? or otherwise I need to create a new one going through all the process of specifying every single field and record access settings?

You can Duplicate one of the existing ones, then modify it to add what you need. Screenshots are helpful in this case (since you can only have one open at a time), as is the ability to sort the Field access list by access level.

This topic is 5076 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.