FM Table name under ODBC

This topic is 8378 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I'm new to FM, and i would like to export some FP5 files to another database. I correctly connect to the FM ODBC driver.

THE PROBLEM IS :

BECAUSE I do not know the table name generated by FM (i only know the fp5 file name where i save the table), i cannot call "SELECT, INSERT, ..." SQL statements through ODBC.

How can i know the table name in FM 5 ?

Thank you

Some one please correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that FM uses the filename. Since each table in a database in FM is in its own file, each table is referenced as the filename. It is referenced that way when trying to create relationships, and I believe it is like that when using ODBC.

Colin

• Newbies

I tried to open the file C:Program FilesFileMakerTutorialSample FilesSample02.fp5 by using this statement :

select * from Sample02

But it does not work (error : database not open).

How must i open the database ? The ODBC driver does not accept any FP5 file name. The FM ODBC driver is 3.11.00.00

quote:

Originally posted by dasley:

I tried to open the file C:Program FilesFileMakerTutorialSample FilesSample02.fp5 by using this statement :

select * from Sample02

But it does not work (error : database not open).

How must i open the database ? The ODBC driver does not accept any FP5 file name. The FM ODBC driver is 3.11.00.00

What kind of language / environment do you are using to launch the SQL statement (MS Access / VB or other) from ?

• Newbies

I'm using many tools to run SQL statements.

The first one is the database explorer from the "Borland Database Engine" shipped with Delphi. When using this tool, i get error [key violation].

The others tools are those shipped with the ODBC SDK 3.5. When using these tools, i get error [database not open].

In final, i used MS Access to import datas from an ODBC DSN source (which is FM DSN). Unfortunately, MS Access returned me an error.

I did many things but nothing works. I create some FP5 files AND i cannot export datas from FM to another database. I cannot believe it is impossible to do such thing.

please help !!!

This topic is 8378 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.