Port forwarding, router and Time Capsule

This topic is 5045 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

I have a router within standard IP range (192.168.0.1) connected to a Time Capsule which then reparts 10.*.*.* IPs to all the peripherials of the local network.

I have a dynamic IP (which I will upgrade to a static one once I manage to make this work at last).

The local IP is set to static.

staticjt.png

Windows recognizes the time capsule as the gateway.

configd.png

I've set the port forwarding in the router as follows

forwarding.png

..and so did in the configuration of Time Capsule

puertosmac.png

I do connect correctly to my file on local network via http://10.0.1.6:591/fmi/iwp/res/iwp_home.html. Still the port forwarding tests say the 591 port is closed, and I cannot enter via my public IP.

What am I missing?

Is it rather that I should first port forward incoming connections to the Time Capsule, which then forwards it again to the FM file host computer? Maybe someone already had some experience with similar configuration...

P.S. Maybe the only weird thing is that although I can correctly access both LAN and internet I have this nice icon always showing "identifying", might be a clue (?)

weirdf.png

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Guest

I have the 591 TCP/UDP ports open on both the router and time capsule.

Just to try, I reconfigured my TC to bridge mode, got an IP within the router range at my host PC and finally managed to have the port open, although the IWP still didn't work. Once the TP is sharing a public IP, no way to get the port open.

Unfortunately I cannot alter the network organisation here, I reverted to the previous config (and now it's all a huge mess and I am trying to restore it : )...

Getting a bit desperate.

Thanks!

Edited by Guest

For future generations:

a) Time Capsule has to be configured as bridge you like it or not. Apparently there cannot be two routing devices to make things work.

: Little detail that can drive you mad when you're not conscious of it: You cannot view your local computer viewing it by typing public IP. You have to ask someone from another network to tell you whether it works or not.

This topic is 5045 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.