Database not open

This topic is 4945 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

We have a script on the server which opens all of our databases so that they are available via cdml/web pages. There are a couple of databases which we consistantly get the following error when trying to access the database through the web pages: 'Database not Open. Unable to process your request because the database "test_db.fm5" is not open.' The server support folks say that the script opening the databases does not result in any errors.

I've tried creating a new script with only the offending databases and having he server support folks run them, but it does not result in any errors

Edited by Guest

It's been awhile since I've worked with FMS v5.

What do you mean by a "script that opens all of our databases?"

Server opens the files, no script needed. We are talking about a FileMaker server and not a fileserver, correct?

• 2 weeks later...

We have a script that does an open/minimized on all of our databases. The server folks use it if they have to reboot the server.

They are saying that all of the databsaes are open, but when I try to access some of them (test versions) using our web pages (via CDML), I get the 'Database not open. Unable to process your request because the database "mydatabase.fp5" is not open' message.

I've tried setting up a new script for the server folks that just opens the test databases. THey run it but I still get the same message.

Thanks.

Barbara: CDML means that FMP or FMP Unlimited is acting as the web engine. THe problem always was that if the files were hosted with FMS and the files closed there was no automated way to open them again for the web. This was solved by moving the web engine into FMS itself in FMP 7 and later.

To the OP: did this ever work, or has it just broken? Are the files set up to be shared with CDML correctly? Are you sure the files are open (do they appear in the open remote dialog)?

I have not been able to access the databases while supporting the apps. I am not sure if these ever worked. I just inhererited these from a person that left the company a few months ago. I will check the server folks to see if they appear in the open remote dialog.

Thanks,

Chris

• 1 month later...

This topic is 4945 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.