Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Performance Question

This topic is 5016 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi Guys,

First of all it's important to say we've been blown away by just how good FM Go really is. It opened and ran the database solution we developed over the last 10 years without modification.

I now find that it may be a good idea to optimise layouts for a better user experience. My question relates to performance and how FM Go actually communicates with FM Server. Local network access using iPad is fine, however when on mobile data it's too slow to use.

Does anyone know if each fp7 file is loaded in full to the device or whether it only downloads only the selected layout information and data on request. Essentially this will decide if i'm to put the time into designing custom layouts for iPads, or whether I need to try and reduce the overall file size of our database files by archiving data & deleting rarely used layouts for example??

I know this housekeeping should already be done!

We use two main fp7 files:

Contract (3mb)

Call Log (240mb)

Call log contains around 23,000 records over 10 years.

Any help or info appreciated,

Regards

Matt

Yeah I saw this post but wasn't sure,

The symptoms we get look to be very much bandwidth affected - hence the more noticeable affect when on mobile data.

Does anyone have any tips on FM Server Caching that might be a starting point for me?

Thanks

Matt

This topic is 5016 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.