Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Hide FileMaker

This topic is 5000 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm not sure if this is right place to ask this, but here goes: is it possible to hide the fact that you are using FileMaker for your database application? I'd like to brand my solution as my own and not ever let the user see that they are using FileMaker. I'm sure others have asked this before, but I have been unable to find anything on this on the web.

Hi BigMike,

If you are asking about the splash screen in the Runtime solutions, yes this has come up in the past, and the answer is no, you can not change it or remove it. That is, Not unless you hack your copy of Advance, which I believe is a violation of your license agreement. I know that there were a ton of comments about it when it first reared its ugly head. I didn't use Developer back then, so I'm not sure which version it first showed up in. 5, or maybe 4.

To see what others have said, do an Advance Search of the Forum using the keywords of [color:blue]+splash +screen +runtime, a second search of [color:blue]+splash +screen +standalone also provided some good information. Use the pluses as shown.

IMHO, I think FileMaker feels that it is a small trade off for allowing you to give away their engine in your solutions, and not charging you some kind of licensing fee. Without the Runtime engine, each of your clients would have to have a full copy of FileMaker to use your solution.

BTW, Barbara was forewarning you that you can not use a Runtime as a seat to access a served database.

HTH

Lee

This topic is 5000 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.