Pop Up / Notification

This topic is 5024 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I think this may be impossible with Filemaker, but I have found few things that are indeed improbable with Filemaker...so here we go.

I need to add functionality either through IWP or a Filemaker Server (Never used server, not sure how it differs from Pro) to pop up a window or notification of some kind to the user, even a certain sound file based on a time entered by a calculation...

Is this possible? I know locally I could do it with Script Triggers...not sure how to accomplish it for a remote user...

Yeah I thought of that but that solution doesn't really suit the need.

Again, I'm not sure of the differences in capabilities between FM Server and FM Pro but here's what I'm trying to do...

Basically there will be a time calculated off a couple other fields. When this time is reached I would like some type of a notification to the user that the time has been reached (Like a calendar alert, only in FM) Is this at all possible? Even if it's with a NetSend or Email or otherwise, just something to tell the user that the time has elapsed. Preferably something that will show up on top of other windows so they see it...

This topic is 5024 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.