Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Can I get there from here?

This topic is 4996 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Need to move from an old "flat file" voucher based bookeeping system (www.wwwrench.com/files.zip) into something else with some minor changes and updates. Wondering if Filemaker is the direction I should go? Spent some time working with that other database only to find out it slows down considerably with a few thousand entries. Will need to do split voucher transaction, sub accounts etc. I've liked what I've seen in some other filemaker applications. Is it possible for filemaker to work with Btrieve databases as well.

Welcome wwwrench,

The Bad news is, as Bruce stated, you'll have to start from scratch to rebuild all the functionality in FileMaker.

The Good news is, it is an opportunity to build your solution the way you want it.

The export / import of your data can be made a little easier, if you find an export format that matches one of FileMaker's import formats some of these will allow for the fields to be created it they are in the first line of the import data.

File Formats can be found in the Online Help (available when FileMaker is open), User Manual, and this Link,

which is the same as the other two sources.

HTH

Lee

• Newbies

Thanks for the info, I will just use an access table to link to the Btreive data through MKDE and inport that into FM, most of that industry data is slowly being migrated into XML so it is not that critical. The rest which is mostly on a C data array should be workable.

Thank for the information.

wwwrench

This topic is 4996 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.