Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Housing Photos Externally - SC the only way?

This topic is 4997 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi Everyone - one more question before I slip into a coma...

We have 2 servers (both intranet connected via additional LAN cards) - one that our outside (cloud) clients FTP into and load photos onto (10.0.0.1), and a separate server that runs FMS11 as a database host to those customers (10.0.0.2).

FYI: They are both internet accessible via IP.

We are trying to get the photos they upload to 10.0.0.1 (ftp server) to show up in the databases which are on 10.0.0.2. We're currently trying to use a calculation that returns a container object, but FMP always processes it as a local path, which of course, doesn't work.

I'm assuming we're pathing it wrong in the calc, but it may just be something else that I can't think of at the moment.

We can't use the web viewer because of the scroll bars and resizing issues, limitations, etc.

Any suggestions other than getting reamed $695 by 360Works for SC? Help! :

Thanks...

Tee

Troi URL can download an image into a container; 360Works free ScriptMaster (GetUrlAsContainer Function), can also do this, as can the MBS plugin. I would just use SM GetUrlAsContainer function and pass it the URL (local intranet) the the image.

Troi URL can download an image into a container; 360Works free ScriptMaster (GetUrlAsContainer Function), can also do this, as can the MBS plugin. I would just use SM GetUrlAsContainer function and pass it the URL (local intranet) the the image.

Thanks - we'll give this a shot and report back.

We can't use the web viewer because of the scroll bars and resizing issues, limitations, etc.

It's HTML. You can make the scroll bars go away. You can size the image however you like. Not sure what the other limitations are that you expect.

This topic is 4997 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.