Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Using empty web-viewer to capture button press out of fields

frinholp

This topic is 4993 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi all

I have used a technique that Mr.Vodka documents to capture mouse button presses outside of field boxes. I have used an empty web viewer to do this. The idea is to stop filemaker from auto-saving the field contents that have been modified. All works well to an extent.

I have anchored the web viewer so that it auto resizes when the window is resized. The problem I am having is that when a click is performed at the bottom of the screen when the window has been resized vertically larger than its default setting, the click is not captured by the web viewer and field contents are auto-saved. However this is not the case horizontally??

I have checked that the web-viewer is auto-resizing correctly by using a fill colour that differs from the background colour and everything seems to resize acordingly.

Does anyone have any ideas as to why this is happening?

Thanks in advance

Lee

Ok I have took the bulk out of the database as the file is extremely large.

I have left functionality in adding, editing and viewing Artwork Types.

The web viewer has only been applied to add and edit.

One web viewer is filled red to make it visible.

The issue is that everything is scripted and adding or editing records needs to be submitted by pressing a submit button. One of the validation checks is to test for uniqueness using a count on a self-join. If the web viewer does not capture a mouse button press outside of fields or buttons, the record is auto-saved, hence, the uniqueness test fails.

When the window is stretched, the bottom of the web viewer does not capture the mouse click even though it is visibly auto-resizing. This only seems to be the case on the mac.

Thanks for your time

Lee

MayaGalleryFMForum.zip

This topic is 4993 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.